top of page

IFTA Stickers

The IFTA stickers are required for any carrier crossing state lines with a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000lbs. The carrier must have an IRP tag registration in order to obtain the IFTA stickers. You receive your IFTA stickers from your home state and file quarterly reports (fuel taxes) to the base state which pays the other states. Fourty-eight states are IFTA members.

International Fuel Tax Filing Dates


Period Cover

Due to Our Office

Due to State Office

Late as of (penalties and interest must be added)


Jan 1 – Mar 31

April 15th

April 30th

May 1st


Apr 1 – June 30

July 15th

July 31st

August 1st


July 1 – Sept 30

October 15th

October 31st

November 1st


Oct 1 – Dec 31

January 15th

January 31st

February 1st

Trip & Fuel Permits

Are You Legal When You Travel in Each State?

Trip Permits are required if a carrier does NOT have an IRP apportioned tag. For example, if you do not have an IRP apportioned tag and you are based out of Georgia, you will need a Florida Trip Permit in order to travel into Florida. Refer to our Tag Registration page for more information on IRP tags.

Fuel Permits are required if a carrier does NOT have an IFTA sticker permitting you to cross state lines. See below for more information on IFTA stickers.

Oversized Permits can also be called over length, over width, over height, or overweight. The state that you want to haul in will determine the legal requirements. If your truck exceeds the legal requirements by weight, width, length or height, you will be required to purchase an oversized permit.


Kentucky – The state of Kentucky requires that all carriers hauling over 60,000 GVW have a KYU number. This number is no longer required to be on the side of the truck. It is now linked with your DOT number. The reason for this is to show that your “fuel taxes” are paid within the state of Kentucky.

New York – The state of New York requires that all motor carriers hauling over 18,000 GVW have a New York HUT. This permit is required to be in the truck but there is no longer a sticker required to be on the truck. This is required to show that “fuel taxes” have been paid in this state.

The above listed permits are required in addition to your tag registration.

bottom of page